So this Friday I am linking up with Lauren @ From My Grey Desk (my first link up ever!). High Five for Friday is a post dedicated to your 5 favorite things from the week. Here I go…
1. I could not be more excited for tonight after work. Justin and I are traveling to Bloomington this weekend to visit our alma mater, Indiana University. We will be visiting with some close friends while there, Nate and Kelsie. We are also bringing our road bikes to do some cycling on the hilly roads! High on our priority list is grabbing some donuts from Cresent Donuts in Bloomington. It’s Justin’s all-time favorite donut shop. We even had their donuts as our wedding favors. They were a big hit. We cannot wait to indulge in their deliciousness! Stay tuned for more details in the weekend wrap up on Monday 🙂
2. My lilies in the front yard are beyond gorgeous! The orange ones just bloomed last night. I can’t get enough of them. Every morning they greet me hello and every evening they welcome me home. It’s just a delight.
3. I’ve been loving this new OPI nail polish. I think I love it even more because of the name, Hot & Spicy. Perfect summer orange-y color. Love!
4. I mentioned in my weekend wrap-up that I was sick and tired of the chain grocery store Jewel. Wednesday I checked out the local Hispanic grocery store called Cermak’s. And man, was I impressed. The produce aisle was full of beautiful color and healthy looking fruits and veggies. Did I mention it’s only 3 blocks from my house?! This is where it’s at.
5. Yesterday while I was riding the train I saw the cutest, and I mean THE cutest old man. He was talking on his cellphone, actually his iPhone, and was speaking very loudly. I could tell he had hearing aids and he was trying to write down an address on a piece of paper. I was so impressed by his ability to multi-task at his age. I think sometimes a lot of seniors assume they are too old and then they get stubborn and refuse to try and do what they used to do. But man, if he can take public transportation, work an iPhone, and write all at the same time, he’s doing pretty well. And as a fun fact about me, I would say I definitely have an affinity for old people. My mom sells and services hearing aids and works everyday with the elderly. I have spent a lot of time working for her and interacting with her clients. I think that opportunity really opened my eyes to how important they are and how crucial it is for our generation to understand them. I find that they have so much wisdom to offer and honestly love hearing from a young, fresh heart. They love to share their favorite stories, recipes, and shower you with love and food. So if you get the opportunity remember to spend some time with a grandparent or help an elder with their groceries. You won’t believe how much they will appreciate you.
Hope you enjoyed my first High Five for Friday Post!
What are your top 5?
Hope you all enjoy the weekend!
Spokes and sprinkles, cute right? I thought so. But I definitely cannot take the credit since my darling and creative friend Emilia came up with it. She’s a wedding photographer and avid blogger. She’s inspired my blogging desire and has some awesome daily posts, plus her photography is stunning. Check out her site Emilia Jane.
So if you haven’t figured it out yet, my husband and I love bikes and donuts. These are 2 passions that Just is crazy about, and now they, of course, have rubbed off on me too. Donuts, as you know, are a classic American pastry that pretty much everyone should love (even if your on a diet, you have to splurge on them once in a while, or seemingly for us too often). And spokes are part of a bike wheel, they are those metal toothpick sized rods that connect to the hub of the wheel. And fun fact those spokes don’t push outward they actually pull the rim inward at an equal distance towards the hub (the center part of the wheel), which makes the wheel incredibly strong. Spokes are created using a lot of mathematical calculations to ensure the wheel is equally balanced and can hold the same amount of weight all the way around.
Anyways, we love road cycling and riding bikes in general, actually it’s the reason we met and started dating in the first place. I’ll have to share that story with you sometime. I thought what better way to share life with people than through the lens of our favorite hobbies, donuts and cycling. Someday hopefully they won’t just be hobbies…