So earlier this week we were talking with a friend from our small group about potentially doing some camping this summer. This got me so excited! I absolutely love camping. My mom used to take me a lot when I was a kid. I used to ride in one of those kid packs. Pretty awesome right? I will have to dig out one of those oldie pictures sometime.
So I thought I would do a Friday post on five things Justin and I are in need of before we become expert campers. We literally have no gear. So that means we better start saving up now, gear is pricey! Or better yet we should do a gift registry for Christmas. Why we didn’t do a wedding registry at REI is beyond me. We totally should have!
Begin REI wish list to myself…
5. Eno Doublenest Hammock in Orange
If only… For now we are stuck with what we got, which is pretty much just a mish mash of household items like blankets, handheld flashlights, and fold up lawn chairs. I’m sure over time and as we do more camping we will accumulate more gear.
Hoping some day we can camp at Red River Gorge in Kentucky. All I hear are fabulous things about it, plus they have some killer rock climbing. Would love to dig back into indoor climbing and possibly take an outdoor trip next summer.
Justin and I have only been camping once together with our friends Carl and Danielle. We had an absolute blast. We are hoping to go again with them soon. Here’s a picture from our trip in southern Indiana.
And this is just a great shot. I love him! And his outfit.
So this Friday I am linking up with Lauren @ From My Grey Desk (my first link up ever!). High Five for Friday is a post dedicated to your 5 favorite things from the week. Here I go…
1. I could not be more excited for tonight after work. Justin and I are traveling to Bloomington this weekend to visit our alma mater, Indiana University. We will be visiting with some close friends while there, Nate and Kelsie. We are also bringing our road bikes to do some cycling on the hilly roads! High on our priority list is grabbing some donuts from Cresent Donuts in Bloomington. It’s Justin’s all-time favorite donut shop. We even had their donuts as our wedding favors. They were a big hit. We cannot wait to indulge in their deliciousness! Stay tuned for more details in the weekend wrap up on Monday 🙂
2. My lilies in the front yard are beyond gorgeous! The orange ones just bloomed last night. I can’t get enough of them. Every morning they greet me hello and every evening they welcome me home. It’s just a delight.
3. I’ve been loving this new OPI nail polish. I think I love it even more because of the name, Hot & Spicy. Perfect summer orange-y color. Love!
4. I mentioned in my weekend wrap-up that I was sick and tired of the chain grocery store Jewel. Wednesday I checked out the local Hispanic grocery store called Cermak’s. And man, was I impressed. The produce aisle was full of beautiful color and healthy looking fruits and veggies. Did I mention it’s only 3 blocks from my house?! This is where it’s at.
5. Yesterday while I was riding the train I saw the cutest, and I mean THE cutest old man. He was talking on his cellphone, actually his iPhone, and was speaking very loudly. I could tell he had hearing aids and he was trying to write down an address on a piece of paper. I was so impressed by his ability to multi-task at his age. I think sometimes a lot of seniors assume they are too old and then they get stubborn and refuse to try and do what they used to do. But man, if he can take public transportation, work an iPhone, and write all at the same time, he’s doing pretty well. And as a fun fact about me, I would say I definitely have an affinity for old people. My mom sells and services hearing aids and works everyday with the elderly. I have spent a lot of time working for her and interacting with her clients. I think that opportunity really opened my eyes to how important they are and how crucial it is for our generation to understand them. I find that they have so much wisdom to offer and honestly love hearing from a young, fresh heart. They love to share their favorite stories, recipes, and shower you with love and food. So if you get the opportunity remember to spend some time with a grandparent or help an elder with their groceries. You won’t believe how much they will appreciate you.
Hope you enjoyed my first High Five for Friday Post!
What are your top 5?
Hope you all enjoy the weekend!