Hi! I’m so glad you’re here.
And that’s my husband Justin.
I often refer to him as Just, J, JR, Mr. Donut, or Little Butt (because he has a very little butt in comparison to mine). We just got married at the end of March 2012. I couldn’t be more excited to be on the journey of newlywed-hood with him. The purpose of starting this blog was to start documenting this journey for ourselves, but also our friends and family. But even more than that the overarching purpose of sharing our lives with you is in hopes that you may get a glimpse of our Awesome, Gracious, Mericiful, Loving God who wants to bring you closer in relationship to Him. I know that my words cannot do Him enough justice, but my hope is that we can share but a glimpse of what the Father wants for His creation.
Some things you will definitely find on this blog… posts related to God and what He’s doing in our life, bikes and donuts (our two favorite things, if you couldn’t tell already), everyday life, likes & loves, weekend adventures, and whatever else I can come up with.
Here’s a few things about us:
- I met and fell in love with Jesus Christ my freshman year of college, and ever since then my life has been radically changed
- Justin found the Lord his senior year of college in the most unexpected of ways. Maybe he will share on here some day
- We attended and graduated from Indiana University in May 2011
- We up and moved to Chicago from Bloomington to start corporate jobs and enter the “real world”
- We live in a basement apartment that’s cute and quaint, and unfortunately sometimes damp (comes with that midwest humidity)
- We live in a neighborhood of Chicago that is super fun, trendy, and food savvy, and has more hipsters than I ever knew existed
- We love to make adventures (although Just would say I am a bit of a “fraidy cat” sometimes)
- We would love to have our own business some day, or just do something completely out of the ordinary
- We are both people persons and love to get to “real” with people
- We like to exercise and be fit, but often (probably too often) indulge in sweets
- We want to try as many donuts as possible, for now we are starting with all the shops in Chicago
- We have a bike fetish with way too many bikes in our small apartment
- We like to road cycle but it’s really hard when there are no country roads in a big city
- Instead we bike to work, the gym, the grocery store, around town to make sure we get some bike lovin in
- I want a dog (specifically a english bulldog) but I don’t like dogs… I know Justin doesn’t get it either
- I have an extreme fascination with maps and could live on Google maps all day
- I think I might over use commas, and, a, lot, of, other, things, I hated english bootcamp
- Sometimes we think we could win the reality show Amazing Race, other times I think we would kill each other
- We are putting our main focus on paying off all our student debt and trying to do it in under 3 years
- I think we might have 3 girls someday, but I think Justin would lock himself in a room for 20 years
- We are nowhere near perfect and we have to work really hard at marriage, but it’s totally worth it
- We learn new things about each other everyday
- We can’t wait to see what God has in store for us over the course of our marriage and lifetime
That’s all for now. I’m sure I will add some more things to the list as I think of them.